2017 was an interesting year. You maybe liked it, maybe loved it, or on the contrary, maybe you thought it was the worst year ever. But in spite of your personal emotions towards it, everybody has to accept that 2017 was a very interesting year. So I think we can expect the same from 2018. It will be a very interesting year and many important things will steal the headlines over the course of it. Here’s what I consider the most important subjects of 2018 will be:
- The North Korea situation – we will see a lot of interesting developments here with the Olympics coming and the sanctions getting tougher and tougher. While I don’t believe the crisis will be solved this year, it will be interesting to follow it, especially considering the war of words between Kim Jong-un and Donald Trump. I am really curious which one has the bigger button… 😛
- Russian elections – Vladimir Putin will win easily, but the score will tell us a lot of how the Russian people feel about his last actions on the international stage.
- The Olympic Games – it’s a great reason for people to stop fighting and put aside their differences in order to enjoy the truly amazing feel of sports. Get ready to have fun and enjoy the competitions.
- Royal Wedding – Prince Harry marries US actress Meghan Markle at Windsor Castle and the whole world will tune it to watch it. It might not be your coup of tea, but it is certainly one of the most important events of 2018 and will steal a lot of the spotlight.
- World Cup – the biggest event on the football stage, it will attract viewers from all around the world and hopefully, it will offer us treat after treat. Looking forward to amazing goals and some classics to be remembered for generations to come.
- Liberal struggles – I look forward to see how society will adapt to all the scandals of 2017. We will see if the #meetoo insanity continues, we will see how the left and the right act towards one another and we will see if this year will be influenced by snowflakes and social justice warriors in the same manner that 2017 was… And to what degree that will happen.
- Midterm elections – this will be the first real test of the Trump administration and we will see if the Republicans will manage to retain control of the Congress or not. A very important moment and one that is, in my mind, the most important of 2018 by far, because it will shape the US and the entire world for the next years.
Those are in my mind the most important things that we have to look forward to in 2018. Of course, a lot of things will come up and will shock us, but don’t worry, I will be here to talk about them and to rant, a lot… I hope you will enjoy it and I hope you will all journey together with me all throughout the year. Have a great 2018 and let’s get ready to have fun together!